Today I’m writing a post that I’ve not done before! Two months ago I took part in a Six for Sunday prompt (hosted by Steph @ alittlebutalot) where I looked at books from my TBR that I predicted would be 5 stars, the original post is here. I wanted to look back and see if my 5 star predictions were correct!
- Good Girl, Bad Blood by Holly Jackson: rated as 5 stars. I love this series of books, I like all of the twists and how the story plays out. I really like the use of different media such as interview transcripts and podcasts, and Pip’s anger towards the end of the book was incredible.
- Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins-Reid: rated as 5 stars. I ADORED this book, I loved the interview style and the focus on each band member. I definitely need to read more books written by Taylor Jenkins-Reid!
- The Lonely City by Olivia Laing: rated as 5 stars. I was not expecting this to focus on art so much (as I didn’t read the blurb, I just loved the title), but it didn’t matter. I loved the writing style and the exploration of loneliness, it was just fantastic.
- A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood: rated as 4 stars. I didn’t enjoy this as much as Under a Dancing Star but I still loved the story and the descriptions were gorgeous.
- Take Me In by Sabine Durrant: rated as 4 stars. I really enjoyed reading this, I liked all of the twists and the slow build, but it wasn’t a five star read for me.
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernadine Evaristo: rated as 5 stars. This book was incredible and I wish I’d read it sooner! I liked how we learn so much about each character’s life and how each of their stories weave together into one narrative.
So I predicted four of these correctly, which I’m very happy with! This is something that I might do again in the future, so watch this space!